Jameson Connects Terms and Conditions
By accepting an offer for free goods or services made to you in connection with your participation in Jameson Connects, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and you acknowledge that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements set out below.
Jameson Connects is operated by Irish Distillers International Limited, of Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 ("Irish Distillers").
- Jameson Connects will be hosted on https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/en-IE/ (the "Website"). Your use of the Website is subject to the Website Terms and Conditions.
- In order to be eligible to register and participate in Jameson Connects:
- you must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over;
- neither you nor your family may be an employee or contractor of Irish Distillers or any third party directly associated with administration of Jameson Connects;
- you must also meet any other eligibility requirements set out on the Website; and
- you must have consented to receiving direct marketing communications from us. As the main feature of Jameson Connects is obtaining information, updates and insights about the Jameson brand, if you choose to withdraw your consent to receive direct marketing, Irish Distillers may revoke or suspend your membership in Jameson Connects.
- Irish Distillers may contact you with information about your membership of Jameson Connects, or to promote related products and services to you, from time to time. This will be done using the method of communication which you have preferred during sign-up. If you state that you do not mind which method of communication is used, Irish Distillers may contact you either by email or by SMS.
- Irish Distillers may amend or update these terms and conditions from time to time and such changes will be effective when posted on the Website. We will notify you via email if there are any changes which materially affect your rights. If you continue to participate in Jameson Connects after such a notification, you will be deemed to have accepted the new, amended terms.
- Your Jameson Connects account ("Account") is created for you when you sign up for Jameson Connects, and you are responsible for keeping it secure (including by choosing a secure password and keeping it confidential).
- You must not create more than one Account.
- You may only create an Account for yourself, and cannot create an Account for or on behalf of any other person.
- Irish Distillers may revoke or suspend your Account at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you.
- You must not make your account available to, or share it with, any other person.
- You are responsible for all activity carried out by your Account, and you must notify Irish Distillers and change your password as soon as possible if it has been lost or stolen, or if you believe someone else has accessed your Account.
- Membership of Jameson Connects may make you eligible to participate in a number of promotional giveaways ("Giveaways"). In order to participate in a Giveaway you must be subscribed to Jameson Connects. The Giveaways will be free to enter and no purchase is necessary, unless otherwise stated on the Website.
- If any specific additional terms and conditions apply to a particular Giveaway we will notify you of these either directly or via our Website.
- Each eligible and successful participant in a Giveaway will receive the prize or prizes as specified on the Website (unless substituted in accordance with rule 16) (the "Prize"). For some Prizes, you will receive a unique code in order to access. A Prize is considered “redeemed” when we provide you with your unique code in accordance with rule 15.
- Irish Distillers will contact you using the mobile phone number that you have provided as part of Jameson Connects with a unique code that you can use to redeem your Prize (or via another method as described on our Website).
- Irish Distillers may vary or substitute the Prize in its absolute discretion for a prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes are subject to availability as shown on the Website.
- If your Prize is a ticket or other time-limited item, and you are not present at the required location in accordance with the terms of your Prize, Irish Distillers is under no obligation to substitute your Prize for an alternative.
- Irish Distillers may allow you to purchase additional goods or services similar to a Prize in connection with the Giveaway, however any such purchases are not considered Prizes nor part of the Giveaway.
- The opening and closing times for the Giveaway will be posted on the Website. Entries received outside these times will not be eligible for a Prize.
- Irish Distillers, in its total discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or amend a Giveaway where it becomes necessary to do so for any reason. Any Prizes awarded prior to such cancellation, suspension or amendment of a Giveaway shall be honoured, provided that these terms and conditions have been complied with. Irish Distillers is under no obligation to pay or reimburse any costs (including travel costs) associated with your redemption or enjoyment of a Prize.
- Irish Distillers may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter a Giveaway at any time before you claim your Prize. If your Prize is a ticket or voucher that requires you to meet specific eligibility rules (such as being over 18 years of age), Irish Distillers is under no obligation to honour such ticket or voucher.
- You may not use any automated means to enter a Giveaway. In this context, "automated means" includes any means which in the reasonable opinion of Irish Distillers gives you an unfair advantage in entering or participating in a Giveaway.
- You may not enter a Giveaway on behalf of any other person, or for business purposes.
- Irish Distillers will not accept entries to a Giveaway that are (or Irish Distillers
reasonably suspects that they are):
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; and/or
- Irish Distillers accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
- A Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of Irish Distillers regarding any aspect of a Giveaway is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Irish Distillers may refuse entry into a Giveaway, or refuse to award the Prize, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Each Giveaway will be governed by the terms and conditions in force at the time the Prize is redeemed. Any additional terms and conditions set out on the Website may also apply to the Giveaway, and to the extent of any inconsistency the additional terms and conditions set out on the Website will prevail over these terms and conditions.
- If in connection with the Giveaway you send any content (such as photographs, recordings or images of yourself or other people) and/or Giveaway entries and accompanying material (together "Content") to Irish Distillers, or if such Content is created by Irish Distillers in the course of the Giveaway, Irish Distillers may use such Content for publicity and promotional purposes.
- All Content submitted to Irish Distillers will become the property of Irish Distillers on
receipt and will not be returned. By submitting Content, you agree to:
- assign to Irish Distillers all your intellectual property rights; and
- waive all moral rights,
- You agree that Irish Distillers may, but is not required to, make Content available on its website and any other media, and in connection with any publicity of Jameson Connects. Irish Distillers may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and/or licence Content for its own purposes.
- To the extent that the assignment of intellectual property right above at Clause 31 is ineffective for any reason whatsoever, you hereby grant a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to Irish Distillers to use your Content for marketing and publicity purposes. If required you shall sign any documents or do any other things necessary to give effect to this licence.
- You must not send Irish Distillers any Content or other material which you are not permitted to send or incapable of assigning or licencing to Irish Distillers, or which is offensive, illegal, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene, or which contains any malicious code or other functionality intended to interfere with the operation of the Website or Jameson Connects.
- If you send Irish Distillers any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, Irish Distillers will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
- All Irish Distillers and Jameson Connects trade marks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Jameson Connects brand are the sole property of Irish Distillers or its licensors. The use of Jameson Connects does not grant you any rights to use any such intellectual property or brand features whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Irish Distillers, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participant or any other person, or accept any liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of (i) your participation on Jameson Connects; (ii) taking up a Prize; or (iii) entering a Giveaway. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Irish Distillers does not give any warranty in relation to Jameson Connects, except as required by law. Jameson Connects may be unavailable or suspended from time to time in Irish Distillers’ discretion.
- These terms, participate in James Connects and each Giveaway will be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland in relation to any dispute or claim that arises in relation to the aforementioned.
C. GIVEAWAYS AND LOTTERIES
D. CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
E. OTHER LEGAL TERMS