Jameson Recycling Story
Pull up a stool and let us share our recycling story with you. Now, we’re not ones for blowing our own trumpets, but some things are worth celebrating, like the fact all our Jameson bottles are recyclable and typically made using some glass which has already been recycled.
OUR BOTTLE’S RECYCLING STORY
Once you enjoy what’s inside, our 750ml and 1 litre bottle you can bring it to your local bottle bank (recycling centre or recycling bin) so it can be enjoyed in different ways in the future, or simply Google ‘Jameson Bottle Reuse’ for some bright ideas on how to reuse it.
What about the 500ml plastic bottle?
Same deal. It can also be recycled
DID YOU KNOW?
In order for your bottle to be recycled all the liquid must be gone.
We recommend you get a friend to help you. Enjoy emptying responsibly.
We all can. Just contact your local recycling centre to make sure they can actually recyle aluminium cans. It can differ around the world. And like all our other vessels, please make sure there is no liquid left.
THINKING OUTSIDE THE (GIFT) BOX.
Our cardboard Gift Boxes are 100% recyclable. To make this happen we’ve removed all plastic inserts so you don’t have to separate them from the cardboard box. With your help they can be the gift boxes that keep on giving.
This is where we’d like to shine a light on some handy tips for you.
• If you’re unsure about anything just check with your local recycling partner.
• Open out cardboard boxes and squash them to give you more room in your recycling bin.
• Separate the bottle from any secondary packaging and place in the relevant waste stream. This really helps recycling centres out and makes sure what you planned to get recycled gets recycled properly.
• All clean and dry recyclables must be placed loosely in your bin.
• Glass recycling is a ‘closed loop system’ so put your empty glass bottles into your nearest glass recycling bin/bank to ensure it comes back again as a green glass bottle.
• Where possible recycle your glass by colour. This helps recycling centres down the line.
The end. Or if you play your part it could be another beginning
A Short Story- From Cup to Bag
Each bag is made using 65% PET (unused previous Jameson plastic cups) and 35% cotton. As we move away from using single use plastic in Pernod Ricard, we wanted to safely and responsibly eliminate the material from our merchandise offering. We had approximately 302,000 plastic cups sitting in our warehouse. Instead of sending these to landfill, we decided to repurpose them and give them a new life. At the same time, we were running low of our popular Jameson tote bags so felt it was a great opportunity. We hope you like their story.
Available to buy in our Brand Homes stores in Bow St. and Midelton.