The perfect drink for any day, counts as your something Irish on St.Patrick’s Day.
We’ve been making whiskey since 1780, so we’d like to think we know a thing about it. But when it comes to making an Irish Coffee we decided to call in the experts. Mixologist Nick Strangeway and the guys at 250 Square Coffee put their heads together to come up this perfect tipple for a chilly St. Patrick’s Day.
- 35ml Jameson
- 90ml Medium roasted espresso coffee
- 10ml Demerara and Muscovado sugar syrup
- 30ml Lightly whipped double cream
- Dissolve 2 parts Demerara sugar and 1 part Muscovado sugar in 3 parts of boiling water.
- Stir the sugar syrup into the Jameson in a warmed glass.
- Whip chilled double cream lightly until it starts to stiffen.
- Brew a 45ml shot into your glass from your espresso machine.
- Reload and brew in a second 45ml shot.
- Pour the whipped cream over the back of a spoon so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a trimmed vanilla pod or a stick of cinnamon and dust with a grating of fresh nutmeg.