The Unboring Office Holiday Party Contest
Rules and Regulations
CORBY SPIRIT AND WINE LIMITED
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: The sponsor of this contest is Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (the “Sponsor”). To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec, be of legal drinking age in their province of residence at the time of entry, and an employee of a Canadian company (excluding Quebec) with 100 employees or less. The entrant must be authorized by its employer to enter the contest on its’ employer’s behalf, and host the party if selected as a winner. The entrant must not be an employee of, or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee of: the Sponsor, provincial liquor boards, provincial liquor agencies, retailers and their employees (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, the promotion agency (the “independent contest organization”), prize suppliers, or their respective agents or associated companies. Void where prohibited by law. The entrant must have the express permission of its employer to enter this contest and if selected as a winner, to host the office party. The entrant may be required to provide written authorization from its employer. Failure to provide this authorization will result in disqualification.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the requested information, including the 250 to 500 word answer to the question of why entrant’s office should win, upload any supporting assets (“Supporting Assets”) and the answer to the skill-testing question on the official entry form on at the contest website at https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/en-ca/unboringcontest/. The Contest Starting Date is 7, November, 2023, 12:00 AM. The Contest Closing Date is 21, November, 2023, 11:59 PM. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date or applicable entry period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules & regulations (“Contest Rules”), which are also available at https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/en-ca/unboringcontest/. Limit one entry per company during the contest period.
The Supporting Assets:
(a) must comply with all applicable laws and the Sponsor’s standards of responsible marketing, including without limitation, not depicting the irresponsible consumption of alcohol;
(b) be an original creation over which the entrant has all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright;
(c) not include the likeness or name of any people or include any third party owned material unless they have given their written consent to their use as required by these Contest Rules; and
(d) not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service, other than the Sponsor.
The entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the right to use the Supporting Assets in the Sponsor’s advertising and promotion, in any media, without prior notice or compensation.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
4. PRIZE(S): The prize(s) to be awarded and the approximate retail value is an office party, including games, a musical performance, food and drinks with an approximate retail value of $80,000.
The prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. The winner(s) shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the prize(s). The prize(s) may differ from those shown on any advertising material. The final components of the party will be determined with the winner, its employer, and will vary based on the party venue, date of the party and other factors.
5. WINNER SELECTION: A winner will be selected by a judging panel comprised of representatives of the Sponsor and its marketing agency from all eligible entries received by the Closing Contest Date on or about 24, November, 2023 at the office of the Sponsor located at 25 King Street West Suite 1100 Toronto, Ontario M5V 3M2, Canada. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
* Best representation of Jameson’s values of inclusion
* Most in need of some Jameson spirit
* Creativity of submission
To be declared a winner, selected entrants will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on either the entry materials or the release form and must comply with these Contest Rules. The winner(s) will be notified by telephone, email or mail within ten (10) business days. If a selected winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within ten (10) business days from the date contact is first attempted, he or she will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and time-permitting. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period and the entry’s success in meeting the judging criteria. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the judging panel are final.
6. APPLICABLE LAW: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
9. RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any liability in connection with this contest or occurring as a result of the prize(s) being awarded.
10. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, prize suppliers, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this contest or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
11. LIQUOR BOARDS/AGENCIES/RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.