Jameson 15 Year Old Barrel Club Ballot Rules
We’ve chosen a 500ml bottle for this rare and limited release to ensure there’s enough to go around – we never want to disappoint our loyal fans!
1. The promoter of the Jameson 15 year-old (“Jameson 15YO”) ballot (the “Ballot”) is Irish Distillers International Limited of Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland (“IDIL”) These ballot rules set out the terms and conditions governing the Ballot (the “Ballot Rules”).
2. By taking part in the Ballot, entrants confirm their full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Ballot Rules. Any breach of these Ballot Rules by an entrant, as determined by IDIL, will result in the disqualification of the entrant.
3. IDIL reserves the right to add to, amend or waive any of these Ballot Rules from time to time, without prior notice. IDIL also reserves in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel or amend the Ballot in the event of circumstances arising outside of IDIL’s control. Any modification of the Ballot Rules will be effective immediately, and will be notified through www.jamesonwhiskey.com as soon as possible thereafter.
4. IDIL is giving consumers the opportunity to purchase one 500ml bottle of Jameson 15 year-old. IDIL is holding the Ballot to determine the consumers who will be given the opportunity to purchase these bottles.
5. The Ballot is open to members of the public who are resident in locations where;
5.1. the Ballot (governed by Irish law in accordance with these Ballot Rules);
5.2. alcoholic beverage sales; and
5.3. alcoholic beverage promotion, advertising and sponsorship;
are legal (“the Permitted Jurisdictions”).
6. Entrants must be members of Barrel Club Midleton Distillery and may only enter via the links provided to them by Barrel Club Midleton Distillery to the email address linked to their membership.
7. Eligible entrants must be at least eighteen years old at the date of entry and must be of legal drinking age in their country of residence.
8. The following are not eligible to participate in the Ballot:
8.1. employees of IDIL or any of its affiliates;
8.2. any persons professionally connected with the Ballot; and
8.3. government and public officials;
together the “Excluded Categories”.
9. In entering the Ballot, entrants confirm that they are eligible to enter the Ballot. IDIL reserves the right to require entrants to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the Ballot. Entrants’ age will be verifiable by birth certificate, passport or driver’s licence only. Entrants’ residency will be verifiable by utility bill only, issued within the previous six months.
10. Determination of eligibility is at the sole discretion of IDIL. IDIL reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that does not comply with these Ballot Rules.
Bottle of Jameson 15YO available for purchase by successful entrants
11. IDIL is giving consumers the opportunity to purchase one 500ml bottle of Jameson 15 year-old Irish whiskey for a purchase price of €300.00.
12. All listed purchase prices are inclusive of Irish VAT.
13. Bottles of Jameson 15YO purchased for delivery outside Ireland may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the delivery destination. Purchasers of Jameson 15YO will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that IDIL has no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Entrants should contact their local customs office for further information before participating in the Ballot. Please see https://shop.jamesonwhiskey.com/pages/terms-and-conditions for further detail.
14. The opportunity to purchase a bottle of Jameson 15YO is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
15. Successful entrants must pay all other costs associated with the Ballot which are not specifically included in the purchase price, including the delivery charges and insurance. Please see https://shop.jamesonwhiskey.com/pages/terms-and-conditions for further detail.
How to Enter
16. There is no payment required to enter the Ballot.
17. Entrants must be members of Barrel Club Midleton Distillery and may only enter via the links provided to them by Barrel Club Midleton Distillery to the email address linked to their membership. Eligible must enter using the same email address as used for the Barrel Club membership. Use of any other email address will be deemed an ineligible entry.
18. No fee will be charged for entry into the Ballot.
19. By entering the Ballot eligible entrants agree that if successfully drawn, an email will be sent to their email address as registered to Barrel Club which was used to enter the Ballot, containing a link to the Jameson 15YO purchase platform. Successful entrants are required to enter their credit/debit card information on the purchasing platform and complete the transaction not later than 11.00am on Friday 8 April 2022. If the transaction is not completed in full within the said period, the successful entrant’s opportunity to purchase shall lapse immediately.
20. Eligible entrants may enter once only.
21. Entry to the Ballot will open on 4 April 2022 at 9.00am Irish Saving Time (IST), and will close on 6 April 2022 at 9.00am IST. Entries received outside this time, or which are incomplete, will not be considered.
22. There is no requirement for entrants to ‘follow’ or ‘like’ IDIL on social media to enter the Ballot.
Selection of Winners
23. Successful entrants will be randomly selected out of all valid entries received. The selection will take place in the presence of an independent observer on 6 April 2022 at 9.00am IST.
24. Entries may be subject to a review at any time for eligibility and compliance with these Ballot Rules.
25. The successful entrants shall be the individuals who submitted the selected entries. Entries cannot be made on behalf of another person.
26. IDIL is not responsible for:
26.1. late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence; or
26.2. phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
27. Successful entrants will be notified by email on 6 April 2022 or shortly thereafter.
28. Successful entrants must complete the purchase of their bottle of Jameson 15YO to IDIL not later than 11.00am on Friday 8 April 2022. If a successful entrant does not make payment for their bottle of Jameson 15YO within the said period, the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO will be forfeited.
29. If the first successful entrant forfeits the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO for which they were selected, another entrant will be selected to have the opportunity to purchase that bottle of Jameson 15YO using the selection process referred to above. On selection of the successful entrant of the second Ballot, the successful entrant will be contained by email as referred to above. If a successful entrant in the second ballot draw does not pay the balance of the amount due for their bottle of Jameson 15YO within 48 hours of being notified, the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO will be forfeited. If the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO is forfeited by a second successful entrant, IDIL reserves the right at its sole discretion to either cancel the Ballot or select further entrants using the selection process referred to above.
30. If any of the successful entrants rejects the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO, or the entry is invalid, ineligible or in breach of these Ballot Rules, the successful entrant’s opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO will be forfeited.
31. By taking part in the Ballot, entrants agree to sign any documentation as may be requested by IDIL relating to the Ballot including, but not limited to, a waiver of liability release in favour of IDIL and such other persons as may be determined by IDIL.
32. IDIL does not accept any responsibility if the selected entrant is not able to take up the opportunity to purchase the bottle of Jameson 15YO.
Purchase of Jameson 15YO
33. Successful entrants will be contacted in accordance with these Rules and the purchase price shall be paid by credit/debit card and through the purchase platform only, details of which will be communicated by email to the successful entrants.
34. Bottles of Jameson 15YO purchased for delivery outside Ireland may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the delivery destination. Purchasers of Jameson 15YO will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that IDIL has no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Entrants should contact their local customs office for further information participating in the Ballot. Please see https://shop.jamesonwhiskey.com/pages/terms-and-conditions for further detail.
35. Successful entrants must pay all other costs associated with the Ballot which are not specifically included in the purchase price, including the delivery charges and insurance. Please see https://shop.jamesonwhiskey.com/pages/terms-and-conditions for further detail.
36. Purchase and delivery are only available to Barrel Club members in the Republic of Ireland. For the avoidance of doubt, Northern Ireland is not an eligible territory for the purposes of this Ballot (and any order made by a successful entrant).
37. A successful entrant shall not be permitted to request delivery to an alternative delivery location than that which was selected at the point of entry.
39. Because of the international nature of the Ballot, the personal data that you submit with your entry may, subject to applicable law, be transferred internationally to other entities of the Pernod Ricard Group in order to administer the Ballot. IDIL may transfer information that entrants send to IDIL including, without limitation, personal data, to countries that do not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country in which an entrant resides and from which that entrant provided his or her entry. IDIL will carry out any such transfer in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
40. Entrants have several rights in relation to their personal data. Entrants have a right to:
40.1. access a copy of their personal data held by IDIL;
40.2. request rectification of their personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
40.3. request erasure of their personal data in certain circumstances;
40.4. restrict our use of their personal data in certain circumstances;
40.5. move (or port) personal data which is automated in certain circumstances;
40.6. object to the processing of their data where our legal basis for processing their data is our legitimate interests;
40.7. not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing including profiling which has legal or similar significant effects; and
40.8. lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (if an entrant is unhappy with how their personal data is being handled).
41. If entrants have any queries, they should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
42. IDIL is committed to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethics rules. These Ballot Rules are intended to ensure that entrants will not violate any such laws, regulations, policies or rules. IDIL seeks no promises or favouritism for itself or any of its affiliates in exchange for an entrant’s participation in the Ballot. By entering the Ballot each entrant:
42.1. confirms that they are eligible to do so;
42.2. confirms that they are resident in a Permitted Jurisdiction;
42.3. confirms that they are not employed or otherwise come within one of the Excluded Categories;
42.4. agrees that their participation in the Ballot, including their purchase of any bottle of Jameson 15YO, will not violate any relevant law, regulation, policy or rule; and
42.5. certifies that any potential purchase, or opportunity to purchase, any bottle of Jameson 15YO is not in exchange for an agreement to influence a recent, pending or anticipated act or decision that may result in IDIL or any of its affiliates obtaining or retaining business or a business advantage.
43. Any questions or complaints regarding the Ballot should be addressed to IDIL and sent by email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
44. The Ballot and these Ballot Rules are governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
45. IDIL’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Ballot will be final and binding.