ST. PATRICK’S DAY (SPD) COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Schedule to Terms & Conditions:
The Promotion is only offered in and only open to participants in locations where the following are legal: the Promotion itself; the prizes; alcoholic beverage sales, alcoholic beverage promotion, advertising and sponsorship.
Eligible Entrants: Open to all entrants globally, subject to these Terms & Conditions.
Age: 18yrs + for Winners, subject to Winner being of legal drinking age in his/her country.
Special Conditions: The Promotion is only offered in and only open to participants in locations where the following are legal: the Promotion itself; the prizes; alcoholic beverage sales, alcoholic beverage promotion, advertising and sponsorship.
Respond to the competition post on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, telling us in 50 words or less where you would like to spend St. Patrick’s Day 2022 and why, tagging three friends.
Entry Limit : n/a
Commencement Time: 5pm(GMT)
Commencement Date: Monday March 1st 2021
Close Time: 12pm (GMT)
Close Date: Wednesday March 31st 2021
Promoter: Irish Distillers International Ltd, Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Judgement Date: Winner will be announced on Friday April 16th 2021
Judgement Criteria: Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. The most creative entry from these channels, as well as shortlisted entries from participating markets, that complies with these Terms & Conditions, will be the Winner.
Winner will be the entry judged to be the most creative entry, in compliance with these Terms & Conditions, judged from:
- any Eligible Entrants;
- any shortlisted entries from a participating local market
Prize: 5 Night Trip to a destination of Winner’s choosing (as per entry) for the Winner and 3 Travel Companions (up to the value of €25,000), including:
- International return flights (economy) from each traveller’s nearest capital city to the agreed destination.
- 4 Star (local standard).
All accommodation based on twin sharing in hotels at destination.
- Each traveller will receive a daily stipend of €100 per day of trip (totalling €500 per traveller for duration of trip)
- Transport to/from airport or duration of trip
- Visas and vaccinations
- Expenses of a personal nature, including laundry, phone calls, alcohol, excess baggage charges and any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Anything else not identified above as included.
Total Prize Value: €25,000 approx based on :
Approved Notification Method: Social Media - Facebook/Twitter/Instagram message (further contact information to be provided privately)
Prize Delivery Method: Email
Prize Delivery Date: 17th March 2022 (exact dates TBD with Winner and Promoter’s travel agent)
- The Prize shall be at all times subject to the Total Prize Value and the Winner shall be responsible for any and all costs exceeding the Total Prize Value.
- The Winner shall provide details of the desired Prize destination (and any other information that the Promoter may request) within 2 months of the claiming the Prize, otherwise they will forfeit the prize.
- Winner and their travel companions must be of legal drinking age in their country of residence and also the destination country.
- The final itinerary is subject to the Promoter’s approval and any relevant travel and/or public health restrictions
- Entrants must make their social media profile public in order for the Promoter to see the entries.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints from entrants should be directed to the Promoter at the address listed below and not to Instagram. By entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to release and indemnify and keep indemnified Instagram from and against all liability and forever forego and abandon all rights and causes of action against Instagram arising as a result of the Promoter conducting this promotion.
Promoter Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim Days: 7 days from the announcement of the winner
Terms & Conditions:-
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. For the avoidance of doubt the above Schedule to these Terms & Conditions forms part of these conditions.
2. Entry is open to Eligible Entrants. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion; and any retailer activating the promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete the Entry Mechanism during the Promotion Period.
4. If applicable, the Entry Limit applies to entries. Any excess or invalid entries will be deemed invalid.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. The Promotion Period commences at the Commencement Time on the Commencement Date and closes at the Close Time on the Close Date. The judging will take place at the Nominated Business on the Judgment Date using the Judgment Criteria. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
7. If the entrant’s entry is deemed invalid, the Promoter will award the prize to the next best judged entry at the same time and place as the original judging date and repeat this process until the prize is awarded to an Eligible Entrant.
8. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied by the winner(s). Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any change in the value of a prize between the advertising date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by the Approved Notification Method.
10. Prizes will be delivered to winners by the Prize Delivery Method by the Prize Delivery Date. The Promoter and its agents associated with this promotion take no responsibility for a prize (or part of a prize) damaged or lost in transit (if relevant).
11. The Promoter encourages the responsible use of prize(s), in accordance with applicable legislation.
12. If for any reason a Prize, or any part of a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part thereof) for an alternative Prize to the same or greater value of the original Prize value, subject to applicable law.
13. Entrants must only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner(s) and his/her companion(s) to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency and/or eligibility to enter and/or claim a prize and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the entrant has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that entrant’s entry will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any validation and verification of the entrant that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the relevant prize will be forfeited and no substitute will be offered as the entrant will be disqualified.
14. Where applicable, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Prize winner or any of their companions to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Prize winner (or any of their companions where applicable) are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or use the Prize.
15. No compensation will be payable if a winner (or their companions if applicable) are unable to use any element of a Prize for whatever reason, including missed/delayed flights, refusal of entry or ejection from the location(s) or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of a Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and will not be substituted.
16. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their Prize within the Claim Days, the Promoter may instead offer the prize to the next Eligible Entrant selected from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
20. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the Promoter’s licensing obligations and liquor serving policy where applicable.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
24. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
25. As a condition of entering this promotion, the winner(s) agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
26. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion(s), if applicable) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. If you send the Promoter any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, the Promoter will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
28. Where applicable, entries and Prize are subject to the Special Conditions.
30. The Promoter supports responsible consumption and recommends that alcohol be enjoyed in moderation.
31. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or difference arising in connection with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
32. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
33. If the Prize includes travel, accommodation or is otherwise suited for more than one person, the Winner must only be joined by persons who meet the criteria for being an Eligible Entrant (“Travelling Companions”), if applicable.
34. The Prize must be taken on the dates chosen by the Winner (subject to availability and confirmation by the Promoter), which dates are among and limited to the dates nominated by the Promoter, otherwise the entire Prize is forfeited. Not extension or variation of the Prize dates will be permitted. All components of the Prize must be taken together. Any element of the Prize not taken will be forfeited and not substituted.
35. Acceptance of the Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of the accommodation/transport/services providers and, in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable if the winner or his or her Travelling Companion is unable to use any element of the relevant Prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or ejection from the locations or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons.
36. The winner and his or her Travelling Companion may not accrue frequent flyer points. Use of the travel component and any passes or vouchers issued as part of a Prize may be subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use of the suppliers of components of a Prize. The travel component cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation will be arranged and booked on the winner’s behalf by the Promoter or an agent of the Promoter’s choosing. Once booked, changes to travel times or arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and the winner’s Travelling Companion. Any transportation to/from the airport in the winner’s nearest capital city is the responsibility the winner.
37. All additional costs not expressly stated but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize is the responsibility of the winner and his or her Travelling Companion. Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, meals, beverages, room service, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money, transport to and from airport departure point, other transfers, taxes including arrival and departure taxes (if applicable), insurance, travel insurance, passports and visas (if applicable). The winner and his or her Travelling Companion may be required to present a credit card and/or identification at time of accommodation check-in.
38. An entry will not be accepted as a valid entry if (in the opinion of the Promoter) it:
a. encourages under-age drinking, has a strong or evident appeal to minors or features anyone who is, or looks, under 18
b. depicts or encourages irresponsible or offensive behaviour, excessive drinking or the misuse of alcohol
c. challenges or dares people to drink alcohol
d. associates drinking with engaging in any activity which requires a high degree of physical co-ordination, such as driving or playing sport
e. suggests that alcohol leads to success or can change your mood or environment
f. suggests that alcohol offers any therapeutic benefits or is necessary to relax
g. contains religious imagery
h. is offensive, anti-social, sexually provocative, discriminatory, exploitative or degrading
i. is misleading, deceptive, false, illegal or breaches anyone’s intellectual property right.
39. Neither Irish Distillers International Ltd nor its affiliates accept liability or damages for any injury, illness or damage caused to entrants including winners, by any participants in the Promotion, or the consequence of any actions taken by any participants in the Promotion or injury to the winners when receiving the Prize. Before being awarded the Prize, both winner and any Travelling Companions will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Promoter, a full release and indemnity form in the Promoter’s form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations, grants all consents required by the Sponsor, accepts the prize as offered and releases the Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the participation in this Promotion and receipt and/or use of the prize.